I know politics is a dirty business and I accept that, however after yesterday it seems to have found a new low with what Senator Clinton has said to deflect attention away from her “Sniper Fire” story. Soon after the story broke on the news and every network around the world was discussing it, even here in Ireland, she did what she does best which is to pick up the biggest piece of dirt (Rev. Wright) she had on Senator Obama and fling it right back at the media in hopes of it sticking.
Some of that dirt may have stuck but her tactic has failed to a certain degree but more importantly I hope the Clinton supporters will realize the kind of game she is playing with the Democratic Party. Look back at the last 3 months of campaigning, who was the first person to really start attacking? It wasn’t Senator Obama but it was the Clinton call for the media to pay closer attention to him that started the downward spiral of the democratic nomination process and the party as a whole.
I respect Senator Clinton as a person and a politician however I am constantly wondering here across the pond what is she thinking??? Here is a quote from an ABC article by Jake Tapper:
She will have to “break his back,” the official said. She will have to destroy Obama, make Obama completely unacceptable.
That quote refers to what Senator Clinton will have to do in order to win the nomination. Now let us imagine such a hypothetical moment and think about the consequences of such a potential action. The Democratic Party will be broken, simple as that:
- The majority of the Obama supporters will not vote for Senator Clinton because the nomination process has become so polarized they would rather sit at home and wait for the next election.
- Despite some of Senator Obama’s faults, he is a great man and a politician, destroying him will be something that will hang over any Clinton presidency or loss.
- Destroying Senator Obama would prevent him being her VP but we knew that was another lie anyway.
- No Obama supporters pretty much means we can let McCain start to be the next President today.
- Destroying Senator Obama would not only affect Americans but people around the world who are looking for a different kind of American President.
Lastly I did some quick photoshopping today to express my displeasure and incredulity at Senator Clinton’s statements yesterday: